Saturday, August 5, 2023

NEDERBEAT 1 - Dutch Darlings

 

That’s how it all started… I wanted to document my obsession with Dutch music of the 60s, later called Nederbeat, the word is a combination of Nederlande (the Netherlands) and Merseybeat. So I went through my collection of 60s music from the Netherlands and compiled double CDs with the songs I liked most. There’s naturally more well-known stuff on Nederbeat 1 than there is on Nederbeat 7. I daren’t say it after writing a 480-page book on German Beat music, that I valued the sound from our neighbouring country much more. The Dutch 60s music scene was incredibly rich. It’s almost unbelievable that a small country like the Netherlands produced so many outstanding bands. The Dutch music scene has never been as opulent as then again.

And sure the Dutch “tieners” looked like they came from outer space – cool haircuts, cool gear – and soon we would be going to Amsterdam to pick up the clothes of latest fashion. We just were a couple of months late …always.

This is number 1 of 7 of my Nederbeat compilations, and I think I have uploaded 5 double CDs now. So there’s more to come.

Enjoy the music, and – please – try to pick it up, as there are plenty of re-issues around. Better still, you hunt for the originals. 


 

 

Part 1

1  ZZ & DE MASKERS - Beat Girl

2  DE MASKERS - Turn Of The Tide

3  THE SHOES - Standing And Staring

4  THE SKOPE - Be Mine Again (Piangi con me)

5  THE SHOES - Na Na Na

6  THE HERALDS - I Wish I Was Strong

7  THE MASKS -Baby Blue

8  THE LEFT SIDE - Miss Lonely

9  LES BAROQUES - Silky

10  THE GOLDEN EARRINGS - Sound Of A Screaming Day

11  THE MOTIONS - Who'll Save My Soul

12  DE MASKERS - Kashbah

13  JOHNNY KENDALL & THE HERALDS - Fool

14  ZZ & DE MASKERS - Dracula

15  THE SHOES - Ask My  Mother

16  ST. JOHN & THE CREW - I'm  A Man

17  THE ZIPPS - Kicks And Chicks

18  Q65 - It Came To Me

19  JOHNNY KENDALL & THE HERALDS - Hootchie Cootchie Man

20  SOUND OF IMKER - Train Of Doomsday

 


 
 

 
 


 

Part 2

1 THE INCROWD - Half Dollar Man

2 DE MASKERS - As Long As I  Have You

3 LES BAROQUES - Summer Beach

4 ZZ AND THE MASKS - You're An Old Leaf

5 ZZ AND THE MASKS - Sloppin' In Las Vegas

6 HET - S.O.S.

7 THE MOTIONS - Sittin' On The Top Of The Roof

8 GOLDEN EARRINGS - In My House

9 PETER & THE BLIZZARDS - Sittin' In My Room

10 BIG WHEEL - If I Stay Too Long

11 THE FREE - Down To The Bone

12 TEE-SET - Jet Set

13 BOBBY GREEN SELECTION - I Never Saw The Love So Clean

14 LES BAROQUES - I Was Wrong

15 DE MASKERS - Living In The Past

16 GOLDEN EARRINGS - Baby Don't Make Me Nervous

17 Q65 - Spoonful

18 DADDY'S ACT - Gonna Get You

19 Q65 - I Despise You

20 CROWN'S CLAN - No Place For Our Minds

 

 

5 comments:

Big Beat and Power Pop said...

Again, now correctly:

If you want to listen to the music, copy the following links into your url

for CD 1:

https://archive.org/details/nederbeat-1-dutch-darlings

for CD 2:

https://archive.org/details/nederbeat-1-dutch-darlings-2

if it doesnt work, leave out the https://

Guido Prenger said...

Eine ganz tolle Compilation. Wunderbar! Und überhaupt: Dein Blog ist spitze!
Viele Grüße aus Düsseldorf!
Guido

Big Beat and Power Pop said...

Thanks, Guido!
Ich dachte schon, mein Blog bedeute Dir nichts.
Ich habe noch ein paar Asse in der Hinterhand, wenn ich nur mehr Zeit hätte. Ein Tag mit 48 Stunden käme mehr zupass.
hjk

Guido Prenger said...

Tja,
wem sagst Du das. Aber natürlich schaue ich trotzdem regelmäßig hier und auf Deiner Website vorbei. Auch wenn ich nichts dazu sage.
Guido

Big Beat and Power Pop said...

Da freue ich mich!