Saturday, March 5, 2022

LITTLE RITZ & HIS ROCKING BUTTERFLIES live im Astoria, Oldenburg, 1961

 

Little Ritz & His Rocking Butterflies came from Groningen and were active in Germany only. They left a big mark in Oldenburg. Everybody who saw them was impressed. Bandleader was Maurits “Ritz” Hitijahubessy, voc, lg. The Rocking Butterflies were Bobby J. Hitijahubessy, b, Tony van Vroom, voc, rg, Jelke Biel, dr, Max Portier, rg, Mariolein Sijnke, voc.

I’ve got more recordings of Little Ritz and his band, but I only got one photo, so you will be seeing that again (and again).

You can read their story in the book "Otto & die Beatlejungs - die Beatszene der 60er Jahre zwischen Oldenburg, Emden und WIlhelmshaven" (Oldenburg 2008, ISBN 978-3-89995-516-3). 

01 I’m Gonna Knock On Your Door (Mariolein)     02 Don’t Be Cruel (Mariolein)     03 My Little Corner Of The World (Tony)     04 I Love You (Tony)     05 Liebe mich (All Of Me) (Tony)     06 Kom van dat dak af (Tony)     07 Let’s Twist Again (Tony)     08 Tallahassee Lassie (Tony)     09 I‘ll Always Be True (Tony)

 

No comments: